Welcome to Gold Coast Dharma Realm! GCDR is home to Shurangama Monastery and is an affiliate of the Dharma Realm Buddhist Association USA, which was founded by the Venerable Master Hsuan Hua (1918-1995) more than 50 years ago. At GCDR we strive to provide a space for Buddhist education and spiritual practice. Visitors are welcome to join us for meditation classes, mantra and sutra sessions, evening lectures on Buddhism, or a pure vegetarian lunch. We also have an extensive library of Buddhist texts to explore.
You are welcome to enquire further when considering whether a retreat is right for you. Our Contact info:
phone: (07) 5522-8788
DRBA-USA and its branches and affiliates all strive to maintain Six Guidelines given by the Master. These are:
1. Refrain from fighting; do not contend.
2. Refrain from being greedy; want less.
3. Refrain from all sorts of seeking; be content.
4. Refrain from being selfish; nurture a magnanimous spirit.
5. Refrain from pursuing personal advantages; keep a low profile and live
lightly on the land.
6. Refrain from lying; tell the truth.
7pm-8pm Weekly Unguided Silent Meditation
8.30-10.00am : Great Compassion Mantra Recitation
1.30pm : Shurangama Mantra recitation & Transfer merit
8am-9.50am Meditation & Instruction on Meditation
Coming Soon: Sunday Chinese Class for Kids in English
14.05.2016 Buddha Birthday Celebration with Ceremony of Officially becoming a Buddhist and transmission of Five Precept
Information for day visit or joining a retreat