Gate Only Open to Public Every Saturday
Not Open to Public on other days
No meals provided to public
Welcome to Gold Coast Dharma Realm! GCDR is home to Shurangama Monastery and is an affiliate of the Dharma Realm Buddhist Association USA, which was founded by the Venerable Master Hsuan Hua (1918-1995) more than 50 years ago. At GCDR we strive to provide a space for Buddhist education and spiritual practice. Visitors are welcome to join us for meditation classes, mantra and sutra sessions, evening lectures on Buddhism, or a pure vegetarian lunch. We also have an extensive library of Buddhist texts to explore.
You are welcome to enquire further when considering whether a retreat is right for you. Our Contact info:
phone: (07) 5522-8788
DRBA-USA and its branches and affiliates all strive to maintain Six Guidelines given by the Master. These are:
1. Refrain from fighting; do not contend.
2. Refrain from being greedy; want less.
3. Refrain from all sorts of seeking; be content.
4. Refrain from being selfish; nurture a magnanimous spirit.
5. Refrain from pursuing personal advantages; keep a low profile and live
lightly on the land.
6. Refrain from lying; tell the truth.
GCDR Weekly Online Dharma Events
楞嚴咒共修Shurangama Mantra Recitation
周六下午 Saturday 1:00pm-2:15pm
12:30-2:00pm, Gold Coast Time. Sunday.
Rev. Heng Sure will explain The Avatamsaka Sutra online.
You can watch broadcasting on Youtube, by searching "dharmarealmlive"
ZOOM ID 會議代碼：127598942.
8.30am-10.00am : Guan Yin Bodhisattva Universal Door Chapter Recitation
1.00pm : Shurangama Mantra recitation & Transfer merit
2022 Event Calendar
Details of each retreats
Information for day visit or joining a retreat
Regrettably the staff of the Gold Coast Dharma Realm have decided to pause our weekly Sunday morning meditation class. The risk of infection by the Coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19) is greater than expected and has only begin to unfold. We will assess the situation in May and post news of when the class can resume.
We hope to post a weekly meditation podcast that will keep our group focused on the practice of meditation. Check our website: www.gcdr.org.au for more information.
In the meantime meditation is a fine activity well-suited for any periods of quarantine! Keep sitting!
Rev. Heng Sure
Gold Coast Dharma Realm
13th March 2020
- About Us
- Daily&Weekly Schedule
- Sunday Afternoon Avatamsaka Sutra Lecture by Rev Heng Sure
- Sunday Guided Meditation Class
- Instilling Goodness Children Program
- Gold Coast Dharma Realm Shurangama Recitation Program: Pray for early eradication of the Covid 19 epidemic
- Guan Yin Practice Retreat
- Amitabha Recitation Retreat
- Shurangama Sutra and Dharma Flower Sutra Recitation Program
- Contact Us
- Coming to a day visit/join a Retreat
- Volunteering at GCDR
- GCDR Public Library
- Temple Construction Update
- Request for recordings