As corona virus COVID-19 continues to affect communities across the nation, Gold Coast Dharma Realm (GCDR) Buddhist Monastery decided to temporarily closing to the public at all times. This decision is in line with health advice regarding social distancing, as an effective and proven intervention in the minimization of the spread of infectious disease in the community.
We will monitor and evaluate developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic and we look forward to reopening and resuming normal event programming (including coming soon Buddha Birthday Celebration and Taking Refuges and Precepts ceremony) as soon as it is safe to do so.
Sorry for the inconvenient.
Welcome to Gold Coast Dharma Realm! GCDR is home to Shurangama Monastery and is an affiliate of the Dharma Realm Buddhist Association USA, which was founded by the Venerable Master Hsuan Hua (1918-1995) more than 50 years ago. At GCDR we strive to provide a space for Buddhist education and spiritual practice. Visitors are welcome to join us for meditation classes, mantra and sutra sessions, evening lectures on Buddhism, or a pure vegetarian lunch. We also have an extensive library of Buddhist texts to explore.
You are welcome to enquire further when considering whether a retreat is right for you. Our Contact info:
phone: (07) 5522-8788
DRBA-USA and its branches and affiliates all strive to maintain Six Guidelines given by the Master. These are:
1. Refrain from fighting; do not contend.
2. Refrain from being greedy; want less.
3. Refrain from all sorts of seeking; be content.
4. Refrain from being selfish; nurture a magnanimous spirit.
5. Refrain from pursuing personal advantages; keep a low profile and live
lightly on the land.
6. Refrain from lying; tell the truth.
8.30am-10.00am : Guan Yin Bodhisattva Universal Door Chapter Recitation
1.00pm : Shurangama Mantra recitation & Transfer merit
8am-9.50am Meditation & Instruction on Meditation
2020 Event Calendar
Details of each retreats
Information for day visit or joining a retreat
Regrettably the staff of the Gold Coast Dharma Realm have decided to pause our weekly Sunday morning meditation class. The risk of infection by the Coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19) is greater than expected and has only begin to unfold. We will assess the situation in May and post news of when the class can resume.
We hope to post a weekly meditation podcast that will keep our group focused on the practice of meditation. Check our website: www.gcdr.org.au for more information.
In the meantime meditation is a fine activity well-suited for any periods of quarantine! Keep sitting!
Rev. Heng Sure
Gold Coast Dharma Realm
13th March 2020
- About Us
- Daily&Weekly Schedule
- Sunday Guided Meditation Class
- Instilling Goodness Children Program
- Gold Coast Dharma Realm 6-Month Shurangama Recitation Program: Pray for early eradication of the Corona Virus epidemic
- Guan Yin Practice Retreat
- Amitabha Recitation Retreat
- Shurangama Sutra and Dharma Flower Sutra Recitation Program
- Contact Us
- Coming to a day visit/join a Retreat
- Volunteering at GCDR
- GCDR Public Library
- Temple Construction Update
- Request for recordings