Welcome to Gold Coast Dharma Realm! GCDR is home to Shurangama Monastery and is an affiliate of the Dharma Realm Buddhist Association USA, which was founded by the Venerable Master Hsuan Hua (1918-1995) more than 50 years ago. At GCDR we strive to provide a space for Buddhist education and spiritual practice. Visitors are welcome to join us for meditation classes, mantra and sutra sessions, evening lectures on Buddhism, or a pure vegetarian lunch. We also have an extensive library of Buddhist texts to explore.
You are welcome to enquire further when considering whether a retreat is right for you. Our Contact info:
phone: (07) 5522-8788
DRBA-USA and its branches and affiliates all strive to maintain Six Guidelines given by the Master. These are:
1. Refrain from fighting; do not contend.
2. Refrain from being greedy; want less.
3. Refrain from all sorts of seeking; be content.
4. Refrain from being selfish; nurture a magnanimous spirit.
5. Refrain from pursuing personal advantages; keep a low profile and live
lightly on the land.
6. Refrain from lying; tell the truth.
4.00-5.30am Morning recitation
10.30am Meal offering
11.00am Vegetarian lunch
5.30-7.00pm Evening recitation
7.00-8.30pm Lecture / Sutra chanting
Schedule from August-December 2014
8.30-10.00am Great Compassion Mantra recitation
1.30pm Shurangama Mantra recitation
& Transfer of Merit
7.00pm Rev Heng Sure Dharma Talk
8am-9.50am Meditation & Instruction on Meditation
Melbourne Dharma Talks by Rev Heng Sure