Dharma lectures are giving at DRBA branches around the world. Some of the lectures are available live online.
Avatamsaka Sutra Lecture at Berkeley Buddhist Monastery
Introducing: The Sixth Patriarch's Dharma Jewel Platform Sutra. by Rev Heng Sure Broadcast through GoMeeting:
- California, USA: Fridays, 12:30-2:00 PM (PST, UTC-8);
- London, UK: Fridays, 8:30-10:00 PM (CET, UTC);
- Paris/Warsaw, EU: Fridays, 9:30-11:00 PM (CET, UTC+1);
- Melbourne, Australia: Saturdays, 7:30-9:00 AM (AEDT, UTC+11);
- Taiwan: Saturdays, 4:30-6:00 AM (CST, UTC+8).
[If your timezone is not listed above, you can check it here:http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html]
❏ Where: Click here to join : https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/111858005
Sixth Patriarch Sutra Lecture at Berkeley Buddhist Monastery
Chan (Zen) meditation is known for being an immediate teaching pointing directly at the mind. Although the tradition itself emphasizes the personal experience of realization, the Chan scriptures provide essential insights and instructions on the path.
The Friday evening meditation class will be using The Sixth Patriarch Sutra, which encapsulates the life story and teachings of an enlightened monk, known as the Sixth Patriarch, or Great Master Hui Neng(638–713), the most important and most revered figure in the Chan (Zen) School of East Asian Buddhism.
Dr. Martin Verhoeven has extensive experience with the text as he recently translated the text which has now been published. The class will be using this new translation.
- About Us
- Daily&Weekly Schedule
- Sunday Afternoon Avatamsaka Sutra Lecture by Rev Heng Sure
- Sunday Guided Meditation Class
- Instilling Goodness Children Program
- Gold Coast Dharma Realm Shurangama Recitation Program: Pray for early eradication of the Covid 19 epidemic
- Guan Yin Practice Retreat
- Amitabha Recitation Retreat
- Shurangama Sutra and Dharma Flower Sutra Recitation Program
- Contact Us
- Coming to a day visit/join a Retreat
- Volunteering at GCDR
- GCDR Public Library
- Temple Construction Update
- Request for recordings